PLAYWRIGHTS CORNER CHAT

 Subject:  PLAYWRIGHTS CORNER - whose tale?

Author:  lots of playwrights

Uploaded By:  HOST WRTR SOFIE

Date:  9/27/2001


File:  91701 (23606 bytes) 

Estimated Download Time (17541 baud):  < 1 minute

Download Count:  3


Equipment:  whatever got you here

Needs:  whatever can read a text file



So much has happened since my last message to you.  No need to rehash it... or is there?  It's been said playwrights are the historians of their own time.  If true, then we have our work cut out for us. 




Each person has a story about last Tuesday and the days following.  Whose tale will you tell?




WRITING IT OUT /TELLING OUR STORIES




PLAYWRIGHTS CORNER CHAT




MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17




HOSTED BY




HOST WRTR HERONE




HOST WRTR SOFIE




AND 




HOST WRTR LUDLOW




10:00 p.m. Eastern time


9:00 p.m. Central time


8:00 p.m. Mountain time


7:00 p.m. Pacific time






Keyword:  Writers Club


Click on:  Writers chat


Click on:  Writers grill




or Keyword:  WCCHAT - click on "GRILL"




OnlineHost: Ivy 63201 has entered the room.

HOST WRTR Lud: up on that high heap of debris where anyone could fall

Pjmckenny: Good evening, Ivy.

OnlineHost: Ivy 63201 has left the room.

HOST WRTR Herone: What I mean, Noel, is that people acting, in general,

better than folks expect in a calamity

HOST WRTR Lud: 30 feet onto glad and metal.

Noel Katz: And that from 110 stories

HOST WRTR Lud: onto glass and metal.

HOST WRTR Herone: I don't mean individual acts of heroism, more the sense of

people pulling together

HOST WRTR Herone: rather than decompensating massively as a group

Noel Katz: Maybe it's my way of distancing myself from the tragedy; not

wanting to consider the "human"

Noel Katz: aspect

Pjmckenny: There are a lot of "I LOVE NY" banners flying in Chicago.

HOST WRTR Lud: Someone wrote this may be like the Titanic.  As horrible as

this

HOST WRTR Herone: More volunteering than looting, for example.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: and shirts worn here in LA

HOST WRTR Lud: nightmare is, it may lead to precautions in the future that

will save countless lives.

Noel Katz: You know what's funny, out-of-towners: Senator Schumer called for

the flying of flags...

Pjmckenny: Lud:  let's hope that's the case.

Noel Katz: ...and there's nothing harder to find in New York than a flag for

sale

HOST WRTR Herone: LOL

HOST WRTR Herone: I know:  imagining a 10-minute play about "flag scalping"

HOST WRTR Lud: Exactly.  Now there's no concern about being mugged on the

street, fearing minorities,

HOST WRTR SOFIE: They printed one in the centerfold of a local newspaper

HOST WRTR SOFIE: there's an idea

HOST WRTR Lud: booing the police.

HOST WRTR Herone: exactly, Lud

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Here, it's the same folks who sold all those Laker flags a

few months ago

Noel Katz: But it's hard to see what sort of precautions can be taken

against targeting a skyscraper

HOST WRTR Herone: same here -- they were hawking flags and Browns pennants

in the Kmart parking lot

HOST WRTR Herone: indeed, Noel

HOST WRTR Lud: I've got to say (and I feel terrible about this), I was

frightened when a swarthy man in a 

HOST WRTR Lud: turban entered my train.

HOST WRTR Herone: The autonomic nervous system reacts on its own.  

HOST WRTR Herone: I had heart palpitations when I heard the first airplane

overhead early this a.m.

Pjmckenny: A blessed Rosh Hashanah, by the bye.

HOST WRTR Lud: SOFIE, were there many extra precautions at shul?

HOST WRTR Herone: and realized, belatedly, how many days the skies have been

quiet.

HOST WRTR Lud: Ditto from me.

Noel Katz: Did you fellow e-group members see the letter from an Afghan

native while it was up?

HOST WRTR Herone: yes, I did 

Pjmckenny: Linda:  the oddest thing, wasn't it, for the soundscape to be

that different.

Pjmckenny: Yes, Noel.

HOST WRTR Herone: it was sent to one of my mailing lists

HOST WRTR Lud: No, what did it basically say?

HOST WRTR Herone: very interesting -- I'll forward it, Lud

Noel Katz: Stunning comparisons to WW2 Germany...

HOST WRTR Herone: yes -- Afghans as victims of the Taliban -- it's a

brilliant letter

HOST WRTR Lud: And the imprisonment of the Japanese?

Noel Katz: Could you forward it to me, too, Herone?  I didn't save it and

now it's down

Noel Katz: It talks about the political situation in Afghanistan.  The

Taliban has stolen the country

Noel Katz: from the people.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Was that on the ICWP?

HOST WRTR Lud: I wouldn't mind a civil war.

HOST WRTR Herone: yes, and on playsandplaywrights

Noel Katz: This was on the MusicalMakers e-group

HOST WRTR Lud: But it's not what the footage of celebrating Arabs suggests.

HOST WRTR Herone: it's circulating lots of places

Noel Katz: It said, when you think Bin Ladden, think Hitler...

Pjmckenny: Noel, and it's down already?  Peculiar.

HOST WRTR Lud: A civil War if Afghanistan that is.

Noel Katz: When you think Taliban, think the Nazis...

HOST WRTR Lud: War in Afghanistan.

HOST WRTR Herone: Of course, feminists have been hearing about Afghanistan

for several years -- because of the

HOST WRTR Herone: horrific abuse of the women there since the Taliban took

over

Noel Katz: and when you think of the Agrhani people, think of the Jews in

the concentration camps

HOST WRTR Lud: The Nazis weren't suicidal.

HOST WRTR Herone: Petitions circulating for many moons.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: no, this is more like Charlie Manson than Hitler -- just on

a bigger scale

Noel Katz: It's down, PJ, because Jill deemed it off topic, which she has

every right to do

HOST WRTR Herone: To Afghan women, it's closer to Nazism.

Pjmckenny: Ah.

HOST WRTR Herone: They have had all rights abrogated.

Noel Katz: The Nazis weren't suicidal?  Ever hear of the Stalingrad

campaign?

HOST WRTR Herone: Actually, to move partly to playwriting, one of the ICWP

playwrights

HOST WRTR Herone: wrote a play about the situation of Afghan women.

HOST WRTR Lud: Sure.  And Eva and Adolph supposed killed themselves too.

HOST WRTR Lud: But it wasn't fanatics on this scale.

HOST WRTR Herone: based on interviews with the Revolutionary association of

Women of Afghanistan.

HOST WRTR Herone: It was supposed to have a reading in Boston next month,

HOST WRTR Herone: but because of the political situation it just got pulled

-- the

HOST WRTR SOFIE: So I keep looking at all, wondering whose story I would

tell.

HOST WRTR Herone: director and school got scared.

Noel Katz: So much for continuing our normal American way of life

HOST WRTR Herone: That saddens me -- it's an important play, and so few

people know of the real situation.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Would I write about young man in our cast of WEST SIDE

STORY, who lit a candle and wept..

HOST WRTR Lud: Is this any worse than the deliberate rape, mass murder, and

mutilation in Africa.

Pjmckenny: The topic of what can and can't be said, in theatres and out, has

gotten very interesting.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: ..the other night, because he's here in L.A. while his

family is back in Manhattan?

Noel Katz: Today, I returned to work at an acting school.  It's the first

day of the academic year...

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Yes, Patti - one of the theatres I'm involved with just

cancelled their production of Agatha

Noel Katz: And, as is often the case, there was a musician singing for

change on the subway

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Christie's Murder on the Nile

HOST WRTR Lud: Yes, it's important that the theatre community get back to

business.

Pjmckenny: Lud:  I hope this calls attention to that and other desperate

situations.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: which isn't the greatest of plays anyway

Noel Katz: ...He sang "Save the Dance Last For Me" and "Under the

Boardwalk"...

Pjmckenny: Lud:  yes, with extremely heightened awareness.

HOST WRTR Lud: BTW, what are we going to do at 10:30 ET?

HOST WRTR Herone: You guys know that I've been working on a political

musical here in Cleveland, scheduled 

Noel Katz: ...He had an audience of just one.  A woman in her thirties, she

was really digging it...

HOST WRTR Herone: to open in April-May.  

HOST WRTR Herone: My collaborator and I sort of hit a wall this week --

wondering whether 

HOST WRTR SOFIE: that must have been a sight, Noel

HOST WRTR Herone: we need to change some fundamental things about our

premise

HOST WRTR Lud: Let's hope the theatre isn't set back to badly.

Noel Katz: ...Smile all over her face.  I'd say she was glowing. I emptied

all the change from my pock-

HOST WRTR Lud: Yes, my benefit is now for victims of WTC, rather than Amas.

Noel Katz: et and went to face the students, who were having a group "talk

about it" session...

HOST WRTR Lud: And I may change other things.

HOST WRTR Herone: given the seismic shift in the political climate.

HOST WRTR Lud: Many shows are affected.

HOST WRTR Lud: The had to rewrite the ending of CHICAGO.

HOST WRTR Herone: yes, Lud -- you wonder if you're on the right track

Noel Katz: ...and I told them that here they are, starting an expensive,

time-intensive 2-year program-

HOST WRTR SOFIE: how did the students respond?

HOST WRTR Lud: People gasp at the tower scene in URINETOWN where the hero is

thrown to his death.

HOST WRTR Herone: oh my!

Noel Katz: -obviously with high hopes of success.  And nobody wants to end

up a grey-haired singer...

Noel Katz: ...playing for change underneath the ground.  But man, there are

worst thing...

HOST WRTR Herone: indeed there are

Pjmckenny: Lud:  hear folks are gasping at things in MOTHER COURAGE here

too.

HOST WRTR Herone: I'm sure they are.

HOST WRTR Lud: ASSASSINS has been postponed, possibly canceled.

Noel Katz: ...My eyes welled up both as I saw the look on the listeners'

face, and told this to the 

Noel Katz: students.

HOST WRTR Lud: It's hard as well to do comedy.

HOST WRTR Herone: much less political satire!

HOST WRTR SOFIE: that's beautiful, Noel

HOST WRTR Herone: We are having a big "rethink" meeting on Wednesday.

Pjmckenny: Noel:  welling up myself.

Noel Katz: I did a very funny show last night.  Improv.  And it stayed

off-topic throughout.

HOST WRTR Herone: good for you

Pjmckenny: Her:  want to hear more about that, of course.

Noel Katz: At that "talk" one girl spoke of feeling helpless.  They don't

want more volunteers...

HOST WRTR Lud: It's anyone's guess what the talk show hosts are going to do

for their monologues.

Noel Katz: ...and she'd been grappling with whether to continue studying

something so frivolous...

HOST WRTR Herone: That's actually both poignant and sort of funny --

HOST WRTR Lud: I passed the cast of 45 MINUTES FROM BROADWAY after

HOST WRTR Herone: a one-act about someone who can't find anyone who'll let

them volunteer.

HOST WRTR Lud: a rehearsal.

HOST WRTR Lud: They all looked grim faced.

HOST WRTR Herone: Kind of like not being picked for dodge ball.

Noel Katz: ...But, for that lady today, a performer was exactly what the

doctor ordered.

HOST WRTR Lud: Marian Seldes was hugging Joan Copeland, telling her

HOST WRTR Lud: to be careful.

Pjmckenny: We're the shamans.  We have to get back out there.

HOST WRTR Herone: indeed, Noel

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Is there something in today's experience that you could

bring to an audience?

Noel Katz: Yes, PJ

HOST WRTR Lud: Judy Blazer and Alix Korey saw me and all we could do was ask

each other if we were

HOST WRTR SOFIE: It sounds so healing and wonderful

HOST WRTR Lud: all right.

HOST WRTR Herone: But it's not easy to be in the forefront, when you're

marginally afraid to get back on a

HOST WRTR Herone: plane yourself.

Pjmckenny: And comforting one shaken person is volunteering for the cause.

HOST WRTR Lud: Didn't mention the show at all.

HOST WRTR Herone: it sure is

Noel Katz: Absolutely

HOST WRTR SOFIE: yay!

HOST WRTR Lud: I agree.  That's like the message of SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS.

HOST WRTR Herone: The priorities shift seismically.

Pjmckenny: Linda:  I know.  Want a beta blocker?

HOST WRTR Lud: If you can make people forget themselves, even laugh, in the

face

Noel Katz: Love Sturges

HOST WRTR Lud: of adversity, you'll doing a mitvah.

HOST WRTR Lud: mitzvah.

Pjmckenny: Lud:  hear hear.

HOST WRTR Herone: I'll get over it, but whew-mama, I don't look forward to

that takeoff and landing.

HOST WRTR Herone: I agree, Lud.

Noel Katz: On writing about this: I've always felt the best shows were like

life...

Noel Katz: ...which is very different from being life

Noel Katz: Nothing can hold a candle to the actual drama of the past week

Pjmckenny: Noel:  right.  Don't ape it, enhance it.

HOST WRTR Herone: But I went to the theatre Friday night, and it made me

feel better than I had all week.

HOST WRTR Lud: I predict there will be no disaster movies, and far less

horror movies, for a while.

HOST WRTR Herone: Even seeing a depressing show!  

Noel Katz: Or use metaphor

HOST WRTR Lud: Amusement parks will suffer too.  Who'd want to ride

HOST WRTR Lud: a roller coaster now?

Noel Katz: That's a good point, Herone.  People think audiences want light

comedy now

HOST WRTR Lud: That was true in wartime.

Noel Katz: Someone today spoke of seeing 42nd Street in a half-empty theatre

HOST WRTR Lud: Musicals and comedies thrived.

Pjmckenny: Ha.  They're packing RICHARD II.

HOST WRTR Herone: I mean, ONE FLEA SPARE is unrelenting in bleakness, altho

there are some ironic comic moment

HOST WRTR Herone: moments -- but there was resonance and a feeling of --

HOST WRTR Herone: "hey! People DID survive the plague in the 1600's and

London's still standing!"

HOST WRTR Lud: I wouldn't want to see 42nd STREET.  The commotion of those

tapping feet would make me jump.

HOST WRTR Herone: Hooray!

HOST WRTR Herone: LOL-ouch, Lud

Noel Katz: Humanity's survived a lot

HOST WRTR Herone: it was sort of eerie, how I actually felt better

afterwards.

HOST WRTR Herone: Some of it was just being with people, I'm sure.

HOST WRTR Lud: As long as no one nukes us.

Pjmckenny: Noel:  we'll go on, all right.  We'll just be very different.

HOST WRTR Herone: I'm very interested in looking at the cultural shift.

Pjmckenny: Her:  me too.

HOST WRTR Lud: What I found eerie was going to NY for the first time since

the tragedy.

HOST WRTR Herone: That's the "overarching story" I'm most interested in,

actually.

HOST WRTR Lud: It was rainy and I went by train.

HOST WRTR Lud: But when I reached the NY street, it was uplifting.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: I was grateful to see a commercial on TV Wednesday night.

Couldn't believe it.

HOST WRTR Lud: The town was bustling as usual.

HOST WRTR Herone: yes -- isn't that amazing?  Grateful for stupid ads!

Noel Katz: "Was it dusty on the train?"  Sorry, I'm on a Mercer kick

HOST WRTR Lud: Not as dusty as other places in NY.

Noel Katz: I don't think we had any ads here as early as Wednesday

Pjmckenny: Noel:  good kick to be on.  That's balm for the soul.

HOST WRTR Lud: He's such a huckleberry fiend.

HOST WRTR Herone: LOL

Noel Katz: Rented the Lil Abner movie.

HOST WRTR Lud: That was my first musical ever.

OnlineHost: Stonebored has entered the room.

HOST WRTR Lud: Wish they'd cast Edie Adams.

OnlineHost: Stonebored has left the room.

HOST WRTR Herone: It's superb to be in here, joking with y'all.

Noel Katz: I assume she was pregnant at the time

HOST WRTR Lud: Ironically, one of the few original cast members they didn't

cast.

HOST WRTR Lud: Yes, she must have been.  She was the only Tony winner among

the cast.

Noel Katz: I'm knocked out by "Comes the day I no longer bachel, nachelly

I'll be true"

Pjmckenny: Her:  the craving for connection is amazing right now.

HOST WRTR Lud: Who bachelled first, Harburg or Mercer?

HOST WRTR Herone: yes indeedy

HOST WRTR Herone: I was reading Laura Henry's post on playsandplaywrights

about

HOST WRTR Herone: NEEDING a party.

Noel Katz: When did Harburg bachel?

HOST WRTR Herone: for sure!

HOST WRTR Lud: Noel, did you catch Beth Howland and Valerie Harper in the

chorus?

Noel Katz: Harper, briefly.  She's not in much

HOST WRTR Herone: intense necessity for connection 

HOST WRTR Lud: DARLING OF THE DAY, for sure (Yes I know that was later).

Pjmckenny: Yep.

HOST WRTR Lud: But I think he did it earlier somewhere.

Pjmckenny: brb

HOST WRTR Herone: There is a theatre in Columbus that has a 10-minute play

festival coming up.  

HOST WRTR Herone: It asked me, in particular, for a submission.  They always

pick a setting so they can build 

HOST WRTR Herone: one set.  Guess what set they had picked?  An airport!!!

HOST WRTR Lud: Oh, that sounds like fun.

HOST WRTR Herone: I'll bet everyone's gonna throw away the ones they wrote

BEFORE this month.

Noel Katz: They badger and they boodge him till the bachelor is unbached...

Noel Katz: ...was what Harburg wrote.  Not bachel

HOST WRTR Herone: Sofie, do you have that OPP?

HOST WRTR Lud: Let me think.  I know he did it somewhere. 

HOST WRTR Herone: If not, I'll send it to you.

HOST WRTR Lud: "They badger and they butcher," I believe.

Noel Katz: He rhymed "nachelor and nachelor to begat, and sometimes a

bachelor, he begat"

HOST WRTR SOFIE: I'd like it, thanks!

HOST WRTR Herone: Well, I guess our "Shameless Plugs" for this week is that

we're all still here.

Noel Katz: I wrote a long essay on why the show "Oklahoma!" is good for RATM

Pjmckenny: Yeah:  and I'll take it.  Glad all of you are here.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: yes, and we still have our wits about us

HOST WRTR Herone: Oh, I'll go read it, Noel -- I haven't read RATM in ages.

HOST WRTR Lud: I just discussed that at dinner.

Noel Katz: Also, I finished reading the book that's been most key for my

research on the new show

HOST WRTR Lud: And the production is perfect too.

HOST WRTR Herone: I did get my copy of the Jane Chambers Award press

release, which prominently features my

Noel Katz: Oklahoma?  Or my post?

OnlineHost: Film Executive has entered the room.

HOST WRTR Lud: It starts out with sunshine and a beautiful morning'

HOST WRTR Herone: play

HOST WRTR Herone: hi Film

Pjmckenny: Good, Noel.  Has it gone well?

HOST WRTR SOFIE: hi there exec.

Film Executive: Hello

HOST WRTR Lud: then becomes increasingly dark as the villain strikes with a

knife.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: that's so cool, Herone

Noel Katz: Took me some years to get through the 438 pages

HOST WRTR Herone: good for you, Noel -- 

HOST WRTR Lud: Excellent Herone.

HOST WRTR Herone: And I got my copy of the new Dramatic Publishing catalog,

HOST WRTR Herone: which is featuring a book I have a one-act in, so mabe

Noel Katz: Anybody else humming "Take Him" right now?

HOST WRTR SOFIE: and Sam French on Sunset has 3 copies of Three the Hard Way

-- saw 'em there on Saturday

HOST WRTR Lud: Wait.  I believe "bachel" is in JAMAICA.

HOST WRTR Herone: so maybe I'm about to get my copy of the anthology

Noel Katz: You're on a roll, Herone

Pjmckenny: Her:  Cheers.

HOST WRTR Lud: I'm pretty sure.  Is it in "Savannah".  I'll have to look it

up.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: I accidentally left one out -- you know... by accident

HOST WRTR Lud: I know Harburg used it.

HOST WRTR Herone: thanks, all

Pjmckenny: Sof:  smooth move.

HOST WRTR Herone: You're a sweetie :-)

HOST WRTR SOFIE: awwww shucks, ma'am

HOST WRTR Lud: I mentioned that Mrs. John Simon contacted her favorite

lyricist to write some more

HOST WRTR Lud: special material for her.

HOST WRTR Herone: fun, Lud

OnlineHost: Film Executive has left the room.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: also saw a bit of drama there... the men who work at SF

remind me of the cast of ..

Pjmckenny: Lud:  nice.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: ..the movie High Fidelity..

Noel Katz: Oh, and another thing since I've seen you: I started giving

private songwriting lessons

HOST WRTR Lud: And that the Gilman & Gonzales-Falla Foundation is granting a

donation

HOST WRTR Herone: LOL Sofie -- fun movie

HOST WRTR Lud: for my birthday benefit.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: They're nutty and a bit on the tough side..

Noel Katz: SF?

HOST WRTR Herone: that's great, Lud -- did that all get ironed out?

Pjmckenny: Noel, that's great.

HOST WRTR Herone: Samuel French in LA, Noel

HOST WRTR SOFIE: a woman asked for a play they didn't have .. The guy told

her he'd have to have it shipped 

HOST WRTR Herone: Noel, that's fun -- hope it goes well for you

HOST WRTR Lud: Yes, we just had to change the terms, because the event is

now a benefit for victims of the 

HOST WRTR Lud: MTC tragedy.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: from NYC... She asked how long... He raised his arms and

his voice..

Noel Katz: A little like an ice cream stand in Alaska, I'd suspect

HOST WRTR Lud: WTC.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: and shouted ... There is no shipping.  we don't know!

HOST WRTR Lud: Manhattan Theatre Club disasters are another story.

Pjmckenny: Lud:  LOL.

Pjmckenny: No benefits for them, eh?

HOST WRTR Herone: Sofie, yes indeed

HOST WRTR Herone: tempers are fraying in retail, I'm sure

HOST WRTR SOFIE: we have a client who was filming a nature special in the

wilds of Alaska.. He didn't know 

HOST WRTR SOFIE: what happened until Thursday when he was supposed to fly

out.

HOST WRTR Lud: I just want to make a comment.  Bravo to this forum gradually

going back to normal.

HOST WRTR Herone: holy moley

HOST WRTR SOFIE: He finally got back to LA today

HOST WRTR Lud: And it's great to "see" everyone.

HOST WRTR Herone: thanks, Lud

HOST WRTR Herone: it is indeed

Pjmckenny: Yes, Lud.

HOST WRTR Herone: A happy new year to you, Lud.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: Imagine not knowing and seeing a TV for the first time

after everyone else has wrapped..

Noel Katz: We're back to normal?

HOST WRTR Lud: The same to everyone.  We need it.

Noel Katz: We're on Monday!

HOST WRTR SOFIE: their brains around the experience.. try to catch up with

the world

Pjmckenny: Sof:  very weird indeed.

Noel Katz: At 10!

HOST WRTR Herone: that would be weird 

Noel Katz: In a place called The Grill!

HOST WRTR Herone: LOLOL Noel

Noel Katz: THAT's back to normal?

HOST WRTR SOFIE: You want fries with that witticism, sir?

HOST WRTR Herone: well, it's a new future, what can we say!

HOST WRTR Herone: Also -- to remind everyone -- we have an "afterchat" now

where non-AOL'ers can join us --

HOST WRTR Herone: it's in groups.aol.com/playwrightcorner

HOST WRTR Lud: I strictly a playwright playwright and my future I hope it

will

HOST WRTR Herone: also good for the lateniks

HOST WRTR Lud: Be describing the things I may right, I enjoy seeing the

grill.

HOST WRTR Herone: starting in 5 minutes -- in case folks wonder why I need

to tesser out on the stroke of 11

HOST WRTR Herone: LOLOL Lud

Noel Katz: tesser?

HOST WRTR SOFIE: a good chat tonight, indeed

HOST WRTR Lud: Did the 10:30 candle lighting already pass?

HOST WRTR SOFIE: It's a leap of faith as well as time and space, Noel

HOST WRTR Herone: the *poof* of sudden exit

HOST WRTR Herone: the

HOST WRTR Herone: cyber-jaunt

Noel Katz: Never heard the term

Pjmckenny: Etymology?

HOST WRTR Lud: Add an "r" to your "Poof" and you could win the Pulitzer

prize.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: from a childrens book...

HOST WRTR Lud: Or could have.

HOST WRTR Herone: tesseract --

HOST WRTR Herone: A Wrinkle in Time, yes?

HOST WRTR Herone: one of the classics

HOST WRTR SOFIE: yes!

Pjmckenny: Oh, right.

HOST WRTR Herone: Sofie uses it all the time -- "gotta tesser..."

Noel Katz: I learned the etymology of "red herring" today...

OnlineHost: Wrtermom has entered the room.

HOST WRTR Herone: hi Wrtermom

HOST WRTR Herone: welcome

Pjmckenny: What's that, Noel?

Noel Katz: ...I'd tell you what it is, but I don't want to mislead you and

drag us off topic

HOST WRTR SOFIE: which by the way...

Pjmckenny: LOL.

Wrtermom: hi 

HOST WRTR SOFIE: I'm closing the log and tessering...

HOST WRTR Herone: yes, we must tesser --

Wrtermom: what is the topic by the way?

HOST WRTR Herone: bye, and see you later if you want to follow us over --

HOST WRTR SOFIE: good night all - come back next week and ..

Noel Katz: Game poachers, hunting on a lord's land, used to drag a red

herring in front of their catch

HOST WRTR Herone: if not, see you next week! 

Pjmckenny: See you there.

HOST WRTR SOFIE: happy 'wrighting'


Comments