Stupid scrolldown for year of birth in surveys!

Are there a lot of babies just born in 2015 that are filling out the Folger's sweepstakes form?

I fill out quite a few little surveys, or whatever I am signing up for, and they always make you choose year of birth. That's fine, but why does it have to have the scrolldown?

I am not the fastest typist in the world, but once you get in a habit of filling out these forms, especially once you've learned that the TAB key will easily navigate the next field in the survey, they go pretty quickly.

Actually, I only get stuck when I have to fill out state of year of birth. State became easy, once I realized that you tab into the field and press "I" and "I" again to get Illinois. Then you tab to next field.

But then I always get stuck in the year of birth.

Some forms don't have all the years, so you don't know if it starts with "1" or not, but that doesn't help like in the state field because there are so many. So I have to grab the mouse or the stupid trackpad and click into it and scroll through the list. But lots of them now have every single year ever, as if newborns are filling out these forms. And they don't want to be ageist, so they have like the last 100 years too.

It is just annoying, and I am ranting (because I know no one is listening to me on this). It would just be so much easier to simply type in my four-digit year of birth than scroll. Seriously.

Get over it, right? Well, I also have a nit to pick against DVD Interpol warnings--how many times do I have to sit through that?

Comments